Corrosive Environments – The Enemy of Heat Transfer
Corrosive environments can really wear on a building’s heating and cooling systems. But fortunately, at Cooney Coil we understand how to protect critical HVAC systems and components from Mother Nature while keeping them running smoothly and efficiently year-round. Here are a few factors that contribute to the wear of heating and cooling systems in a couple of different environments.
// Coastal / Marine
- Abundance of sodium chloride (salt) which is carried by sea spray, mist or fog
- Laden with harmful metal oxides, chlorides, sulfates, sulfuric acid, carbon and carbon compounds
- Elevated sulfur oxide (SOx) and nitrogen oxide (NOx) concentrations
- High levels of ammonia and nitrogen contamination from animal excrement, fertilizers and high concentrations of diesel exhaust
Fortunately, we have a great solution that protects coils from the elements: ElectroFin’s unique corrosion protection option.
The benefits of ElectroFin’s factory-applied electrocoating process include:
- It’s the only process that can guarantee 100% coil coverage without bridging, including enhanced fin designs
- Proven corrosion protection for new all-aluminum microchannel coils
- Excellent corrosion and UV resistance make it suitable for coastal environments
//If your facility is in one of the areas identified above, contact us today to learn how products from ElectroFin can help keep your heating and cooling systems operating effectively year round. Call Cooney Coil for more information.